Book Review: Hedy Lamarr's memoirs (women & engineering)

I've always been a fan of Hedy Lamarr. I was eight when I saw her in Samson & Delilah. Later, I learned about her marriage to a Nazi arms dealer, escape from Europe during WW2, and frequency-hopping research for U.S. military submarines.
I have to agree with other book reviews concerning Ecstasy and Me: My Life as a Woman. I don't think it accurately reflects Ms. Lamarr's life. After all, her scientific achievements are ignored.
That said, this book was a quick read. Also, it dispels the illusion of glamor that old Hollywood exuded and is a cautionary tale to beautiful women who seek to use their looks to succeed. As an actress, Hedy consistently played a femme fatale. However, in reality, the world gained more from Hedy than she ever took. Her work with spread spectrum technology contributed to the development of WiFi and Bluetooth.


#GermanCinema Actress #Austrian #Hungarian #oldHollywood #frequencyhopping #holocaust #subarines #WorldWar2 #militaryweapons #secretweapons #navy #stunning #beautiful #moviestar #inventor #technology #WiFi #Bluetooth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ask Licia

Scheherazade of 1001 Arabian Nights

The Space Where You Were by Nina Denison